Monday, May 29, 2006

Breakfast Buffet Bananas

I had banana pancakes off the menu
luscious little nuggets of warm banana smoosh
    in a whole wheat pancake.

While two Jersey guys in power suits
analyzed the abilities of that fuckin’ Johnson
    to keep his end up.

While two Queens gals in knock-off Prada
went back to the buffet to stuff their purses
with boxed cereal and apples
and bananas still stitched up
    in their skins.

While the bald maitre d’ I will call Raoul
catered to me
and smiled at me
and the Czech waiter brought me
    extra bacon.

I loved the warm maple syrup,
the chewy whole wheatness
the warm smoosh,
but I couldn’t finish all the pancakes.

Too
    much
        bananas.

6 comments:

  1. Picture it...me sitting there making little moaning sounds about the food and listening in. Fun in the morning...oh, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Back in the day when I ignorantly nursed my false persona I would revel in my rainy days off from work and go to a Jewish deli up the street from the house. The waitress always knew what I wanted for breakfast and always had my coffee ready.I would sit for as long as I thought I could and drink coffee, watch people, smoke cigarettes, and write. But that was yesterday. Today I do not smoke, and live too far away to go back to the deli. Today I make breakfast for my family, watch my children grow up, and as often as I can write while drinking my coffee . And oh, by the way, I make a pretty mean pancake. Feel free to drop by anytime.

    Your one of the best Cynthia.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:34 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:52 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:56 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to critique the poetry. I employ a sophisticated thick hide technology.